Every Boy deserves a Trained Leader
Wood Badge is for all Scout leaders. It has been developed for Cub
Scout, Boy Scout, Varsity Scout, and Venturing leaders, as well as council and district
leaders. Its focus is on leadership, not out-of-door skills. The following information is
designed to provide you with key information about the course.
• View Scouting globally, as a family of interrelated, values-based programs that provide age-appropriate activities for youth.
• Recognize the contemporary leadership concepts utilized in corporate America and leading government organizations that are relevant to our values-based movement.
• Apply the skills they learn from their participation as a member of a successful working team.
• Revitalize their commitment by sharing in an overall inspirational experience that helps provide Scouting with the leadership it needs to accomplish it mission on an ongoing
The themes that follow encapsulate the course content.
1) Living the Values 4) Tools of the Trade
-- Values, mission, and vision -- Project Planning
-- Leading Change
2) Bringing the Vision to Life -- Decision Making and Problem Solving
-- Listening to Learn -- Managing Conflict
-- Communication -- Self-Assessment
-- Valuing People and Leveraging Diversity 5) Leading to Make a Difference
-- Coaching and Mentoring -- Leaving a Legacy
3) Models for Success
-- Stages of Team Development
-- The Leading EDGE ™ /The Teaching EDGE™
August 11-13 & September 8-10
Camp Geiger - Pony Express Council - St. Joseph MO
For more information contact
Scoutmaster / Course Director
TTim Brammeier - firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a picture of the staff and participants of C5-311-15