MyCouncil®  |  Cart (0)  |  Join  |  Sign In

Change to Camp Geiger Unit Roster Requirements

The Pony Express Council has announced an important change to the Troop Youth roster and Adult Leader rosters for Camp Geiger. This important change will help assure that all campers are properly registered, as required, with either the Pony Express Council or the camper's home council.

Every registered Scout and adult leader is issued a personal identification number by the Boy Scouts of America. This number is important to the the  camp, professional and support staffs for a number of reasons, only one of which is proper insurance coverage for the camper. The Pony Express Council must also contact the home council of every out of council camper to verify membership and insurance coverage. Without the BSA personal identification number this is impossible. Without proper verification and registration a camper may not attend Camp Geiger.

Under new procedures instituted this camping season,  the Troop Youth Roster and Adult Leader Roster will require each person's BSA number. Your number is issued each year on your council membership card. For those units utilizing unit management software such as Troopmaster, your number may  be available to the unit leaders. It can also be found on the unit's charter documents.  If necessary, you can contact your council service center or council headquarters and request your number.

Out of council units need to have the rosters completed and to the Pony Express Council Service Center by May 15, 2009.



Copyright © 1985-2018 Pony Express Council, BSA. All rights reserved
Web Site Powered By ScoutTools