Duty to God Program
Program for All Faiths that can be earned At Camp
Participants will earn a beautiful “Duty to God Patch” by participating in this second year program at Camp Geiger. This can be worn as a temporary patch on the pocket of the scout uniform. The purpose of the program is to help youth and adults experience God at Camp and also learn how they can earn their Religious Emblems Award later in their own Church. 2011 marks the third year for this special program. Scouts and scouters can earn the third segment of the four that make up the total patch. Anyone can start the program and earn the first patch or earn the second one for a second year.
Both youth and adults
Participants must complete the four requirements:
- Attend a religious service at Camp Geiger
- Participate in or help lead at least three daily devotionals with your troop.
- Learn the Camp Geiger Grace or another Grace and repeat/explain these to the Troop Chaplain Aide.
- The Troop leaders must promise to review the Duty to God Religious Emblems Brochure (no. 5-879)* and make a presentation at a regular troop meeting. Youth must promise to attend the presentation and commit to earning the Religious Emblem of their Faith at an appropriate time, or if already earned, help explain to another Scout. Adults would agree to help make the presentation or serve as a counselor in their local church to promote the Religious Emblems Program.
Scouts and leaders who have completed the above requirements can present the names on a Troop Advancement Form and purchase the patches from the Scout Service Center in St. Joseph or the Geiger Trading Post.
* Leaders: For more information go to (www.praypub.org and www.scouting.org/awards/religious/index.html) Devotional for use at camp can be downloaded from this site.