Duty to God Program
Program for All Faiths that can be earned At Camp
Participants will earn a beautiful “Duty to God Patch” by participating in this program at Camp Geiger. This can be worn as a temporary patch on the pocket of the scout uniform. The purpose of the program is to help youth and adults experience God at Camp and also learn how they can earn their Religious Emblems Award later in their own Church. Scouts and scouters can earn a segment of the four that make up the total patch each year. Anyone can start the program.
Both youth and adults
Participants must complete the four requirements:
- Attend a religious service at Camp Geiger
- Participate in or help lead at least three daily devotionals with your troop.
- Learn the Camp Geiger Grace or another Grace and repeat/explain these to the Troop Chaplain Aide.
- The Troop leaders must promise to review the Duty to God Religious Emblems Brochure (no. 5-879)* and make a presentation at a regular troop meeting. Youth must promise to attend the presentation and commit to earning the Religious Emblem of their Faith at an appropriate time, or if already earned, help explain to another Scout. Adults would agree to help make the presentation or serve as a counselor in their local church to promote the Religious Emblems Program.
Scouts and leaders who have completed the above requirements can present the names on a Troop Advancement Form and purchase the patches from the Scout Service Center in St. Joseph or the Geiger Trading Post.
To assist troops in their stay at camp the Relations Committee has provided Devotionals Camp Geiger 2015.
* Leaders: For more information go to (www.praypub.org and www.scouting.org/awards/religious/index.html) Devotional for use at camp can be downloaded from this site.